Thursday, April 20, 2017

Gucci SS17 Campaign


I'm sorry, I really can't stop. I've talked about Gucci a few times before and I swore I would try not to be repetitive, but when I saw the latest Gucci SS17 campaign, I just had to say something. 

Photographed by Glen Luchford, the campaign which is entitled Soul Scene, features only people of colour. Gucci's choice to use an entire cast of people of colour shows us something we haven't seen much of before in high fashion. 


The campaign draws inspiration from 60's photographer Malick Sidibe, and Northern Soul, which was a 60's American soul movement.

Coming at a time where multiple brands are having major PR slip-ups with advertisements (hello Pepsi), Gucci's diversity has resulted in amazing images that really play on colour. If money was no issue, I would be purchasing pretty much the entire SS17 collection. 

x




No comments:

Post a Comment